Below is a breakdown for the Penn State football roster for 2014. Currently, there are three tables: Full roster, two position breakdowns (one with everybody, one with just scholarship players), and a scholarship outlook for the next few years. One Note: Anthony Alosi is still listed below. When we get confirmation on whether or not he’ll return, I’ll change the tables accordingly. Also, some of the positions are not accurate, since we just signed our recruits. As those become more clear over the course of the year, I’ll update the matrix with the more accurate positions. I’ll also update the matrix as we get new recruits.
If you have any suggestions or feedback, please leave them in the comments.
- Yesterday’s commitment from Ayron Monroe brought the class up to 16, which means all of our available scholarships are taken. Assuming Anthony Alosi does not return, and a few players decide to graduate or transfer, our class could grow as large as 20. Stay tuned.
- I added 3 new walk-ons (Lou DiBileo, Kyle Vasey, Joe Holmes).
- I added a new table which lists all players for a single position.
- With the announcement of Four players transferring or quitting the team (1 walk-on), an extra three scholarships are available for the class of 2015.
- Removed Josh Barajas (decommitted and committed to Notre Dame).
- Removed Anthony Alosi (kicked off the team), Austin Whipple (transferring to UMass), Jonathan Warner (quit the team), and Richy Anderson (transferring).
- Added Myles Hartsfield (CB), who committed on June 8.
- There have been 3 new commits since the last update, one of them for the 2016 class. They are reflected below.
- New color coding to reflect 2016 recruits
- Added Manny Bowen (committed 6/21)
- Added Irvin Charles (committed 7/19)
- Added Miles Sanders (class of 2016, committed 7/19). First commit of the 2016 class.
- Changed Troy Apke’s listing from WR to S, to reflect his position switch.
- Removed Jorge Powell, who enrolled at Florida
- Added walk-ons Charlie Rist, Brandon Kuntz, Charlie Shuman, Daniel Pasquariello, Steve Myers, Marshall Lefferts, Robby Liebel, Billy Fessler, Joey Julius, and Adam DeBoef
- Added player numbers (where available, otherwise 0).
- With the addition of John Reid, who committed yesterday (8/8), the 2015 scholarship class is full again. Stay tuned for more changes.
- Added John Reid (committed 8/8)
Green – scholarship player.
Orange – 2016 Recruit.
Black – walk-on (or status unknown) player.
Italics – used a redshirt year