Below is a breakdown for the Penn State football roster for 2015. Currently, there are two tables: Full roster, and a scholarship outlook for the next few years.
One Note: Anthony Alosi is still listed below. When we get confirmation on whether or not he’ll return, I’ll change the tables accordingly. (this is clearly old news now) Also, some of the positions are not accurate, since we just signed our recruits. As those become more clear over the course of the year, I’ll update the matrix with the more accurate positions. I’ll also update the matrix as we get new recruits.
If you have any suggestions or feedback, please leave them in the comments.
I meant to update this after Blue and White weekend, but life got in the way, and have quite a few things happen at the same time. Without further ado, here’s a summary of what’s changed since February:
- Added 7 new recruits.
- Scoured the internet for any informaiton on walkons, so the list should be updated accordingly.
- Updated player numbers, either new freshmen getting numbers, of people changing their numbers.
- Updated positions switches.
- Zechariah McPhearson
- Danny Dalton
- Alex Gellerstedt
- Michal Menet
- Will Fries
- Blake Gillikin
- Connor McGovern
- Gordon Bentley
- Joe Berg
- Kyler Diehl
- Will Eikenberry
- Seth Ford
- Yannik Haller
- Jackson Erdmann
- Jordan Wombacker
- Jan Johnson
- Jake Metzer
- Josh McPhearson
- Evan Stenfield
- Javon Turner
- Da’Quan Davis
- Brad Bars
- Kasey Gaines
- Nyeem Wartman is now Nyeem Wartman-White
- Jordan Lucas is now a Safety
- Brandon Smith is now a LB (used to be a FB)
- Anthony Smith is now a Safety (used to be CB)
- Dominic Salomone is now a TE (used to be FB)
- Amani Oruwariye is now a Safety (used to be CB)
- Charles Idemudia is now a TE (used to be LB)
- Bryant Harper is now a Safety (used to be CB)
- Jack Haffner is now a LB (used to be RB)
- Adam Geiger is now a Safety (used to be RB)
- Evan Galimberti is now a tackle (used to be garde)
- Jordan Dudas is now a LB (used to be S)
- Desi Davis is now a CB (used to be WR)
- Christian Campbell is now a CB (used to be S)
That’s it for now. There are are a few discrepancies with player numbers (which you can probably tell by three players with the same number), but those won’t be sorted until everybody’s enrolled. I should have them sorted out by the next update, which will be closer to the beginning of the season. Until then!
Below is your post-signing day update. All players have been moved from recruits to freshmen. The legend will stay the same, though, so 2016 recruits will show in green, and any 2017 recruits we get from here on out will show up in orange. Since this period tends to slow down a bit, I most likely won’t be updating this again until after Blue and White weekend, when we’ll have a better idea of positions, depth chart, transfers, etc. So unless some big announcements happen, expect your next update sometime in late April. Breakdown below:
- Removed Jesse James, who declared for the NFl draft.
- Removed Cole Chiappialle, who decided to transfer.
- Added four walk-ons: Colin Castagna (DE), Tyler Shoop (WR), Troy Shorts (ATH), and Jan Johnson (LB).
- Added new commits and moved them to the freshman class.
- Updated some miscellaneous positions.
Massive update. Now that the season is over, I updated player eligibility, removing seniors and reflecting the players who redshirted. See below:
- Removed Deion Barnes and Donovan Smith, who declared for the NFl draft.
- Removed Michael O’Connor, who decided to transfer.
- Added two walk-on kickers: Tyler Davis and Nick Bouhermi.
- Added new commits: Tommy Stevens (signed 12/29/2014), Paris Palmer (signed 12/17/2014), and Garrett Taylor (committed 11/30/2014).
- Removed 2014 from available scholarships.
- Updated some miscellaneous positions.
A lot has happened since the last update and now. Most notably, the sanctions have been removed. This means Penn State is now able to take the full scholarship allotment available to them. See below for further updates:
- Removed Brandon Wimbush, who committed to Notre Dame
- Removed Myles Hartsfield, whose scholarship offer got pulled due to some trouble
- Added Daiquan Kelly (committed 9/14)
- Updated scholarship total to 85, so available scholarships reflect the change
- Removed position breakdowns, as they were a bit redundant
- With the addition of John Reid, who committed yesterday (8/8), the 2015 scholarship class is full again. Stay tuned for more changes.
- Added John Reid (committed 8/8)
- There have been 3 new commits since the last update, one of them for the 2016 class. They are reflected below.
- New color coding to reflect 2016 recruits
- Added Manny Bowen (committed 6/21)
- Added Irvin Charles (committed 7/19)
- Added Miles Sanders (class of 2016, committed 7/19). First commit of the 2016 class.
- Changed Troy Apke’s listing from WR to S, to reflect his position switch.
- Removed Jorge Powell, who enrolled at Florida
- Added walk-ons Charlie Rist, Brandon Kuntz, Charlie Shuman, Daniel Pasquariello, Steve Myers, Marshall Lefferts, Robby Liebel, Billy Fessler, Joey Julius, and Adam DeBoef
- Added player numbers (where available, otherwise 0).
- With the announcement of Four players transferring or quitting the team (1 walk-on), an extra three scholarships are available for the class of 2015.
- Removed Josh Barajas (decommitted and committed to Notre Dame).
- Removed Anthony Alosi (kicked off the team), Austin Whipple (transferring to UMass), Jonathan Warner (quit the team), and Richy Anderson (transferring).
- Added Myles Hartsfield (CB), who committed on June 8.
- Yesterday’s commitment from Ayron Monroe brought the class up to 16, which means all of our available scholarships are taken. Assuming Anthony Alosi does not return, and a few players decide to graduate or transfer, our class could grow as large as 20. Stay tuned.
- I added 3 new walk-ons (Lou DiBileo, Kyle Vasey, Joe Holmes).
- I added a new table which lists all players for a single position.
As always, let me know if you have any suggestions or if you see any errors. If you’d like me to add the position breakdowns back to the listing, let me know as well.
Green – scholarship player.
Orange – 2017 Recruit.
Black – walk-on (or status unknown) player.
Italics – used a redshirt year